Heart-healthy beans blend beautifully in this power smoothie to give you the energy, fibre, and protein you need to fuel your day.
- Serving Size 1 cup (250 mL)
- Calories 240
- Fat 1 g
- Carbohydrates 54 g
- Fibre 2 g
- Protein 5 g
- Sodium 40 mg
- Potassium 510 mg
- Folate 30 mcg
- Iron 2 mg
- Calcium 120 mg
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cooked white beans
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) frozen mixed berry concentrate (1/2 of 341 mL can)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) skim milk
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) sugar (optional)
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla
- 5–6 ice cubes
Place white beans and juice in blender. Blend well.
Add milk. Blend until thick and creamy
Add ice cubes and blend well.
Serve immediately or store in fridge.
Any frozen fruit juice/fruit drink or frozen berry can be substituted. If the frozen fruit mixture is sweetened, omit the sugar in the recipe.