Pina Colada White Bean Smoothie
A great tasting smoothie made with beans to boost protein and add fibre!
- Serving Size 1 cup (250 mL)
- Calories 179
- Fat 6 g
- Saturated Fat 3 g
- Carbohydrates 28 g
- Fibre 4 g
- Sugar 17 g
- Protein 6 g
- Sodium 18 mg
- Potassium 424 mg
- 2 cups (500 mL) pineapple juice
- 14 oz (398 mL) can light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mashed ripe banana
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) crushed ice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) vanilla Greek yogurt, fat free
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) honey
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked or canned white beans, rinsed well
Place all ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth.
Pour into glasses, garnish with a slice of lime and serve immediately.
- White beans to use include navy, great northern, white kidney or cannellini beans.
- The sweetness, acidity and texture can be adjusted by adding more or less of the honey, banana, lime juice and ice.
- Be sure to rinse the cooked beans under water to keep their flavour neutral.
- If the smoothie sits for a long period of time, it may separate. If this occurs, blend or stir it quickly before serving.
- If you didn’t use all the canned beans, freeze the leftovers by placing them in a freezer bag or airtight container and freeze for up to 6 months. Now you have an easy and nutritious ingredient to add to your stews and chilis.