Lentil Fudge Pie
This fudge pie is so delicious, you’ll never guess there’s lentils in it!
- Serving Size 1 wedge
- Calories 202
- Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Carbohydrates 31 g
- Fibre 1.9 g
- Protein 4 g
- Sodium 158 mg
- Potassium 149 mg
- Folate 52 mcg
- Iron 1.4 mg
- Calcium 12 mg
- 3 /4 cup (175 mL) graham crumbs
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) margarine, melted
- 2 tsp (10 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) cocoa
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) corn syrup
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) lentil puree
Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). In a bowl, combine crumbs, margarine and sugar. Press into 9” (23 cm) pie plate. Chill.
In a bowl, combine cocoa and margarine. Mix well. Add sugar, syrup, vanilla and egg yolks. Beat together with electric mixer for 2 minutes on medium speed. Fold in lentil puree.
In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into lentil puree mixture. Turn into pie shell.
Bake 40 minutes, or until knife inserted comes out clean. Remove and cool thoroughly. Refrigerate. Use a wet knife to slice pie into 12 wedges.