Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies
These chocolate chip oatmeal cookies get a protein boost from a secret ingredient — pureed beans!
- Serving Size 1 cookie
- Calories 89
- Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Carbohydrates 15.3 g
- Fibre 1.2 g
- Protein 1.7 g
- Sodium 29.1 mg
- Potassium 83.7 mg
- Folate 8.9 mcg
- Iron 1.6 mg
- Calcium 44.2 mg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) canned navy beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) rolled oats
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Puree beans with egg until smooth in blender. In a medium bowl, beat canola oil, sugar and vanilla using electric mixer until smooth. Add bean and egg puree and continue beating until well combined.
Add chocolate chips and oats and use wooden spoon to combine. Sift together flour and baking soda over wet mixture and stir until well combined.
Drop by rounded teaspoon, 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet and flatten slightly. Bake for 15 minutes and let cool on pan 2 minutes then transfer to cooling rack.