Chickpea Pasta Salad
This easy salad is hearty enough to serve as a meal of its own but light enough to serve as the perfect side at a summer BBQ or buffet.
- Serving Size 1 cup (250 mL)
- Calories 149
- Fat 2 g
- Saturated Fat 1 g
- Carbohydrates 27 g
- Fibre 4 g
- Protein 5 g
- Sodium 227 mg
- Potassium 262 mg
- Folate 103 mcg
- Iron 2 mg
- 4 cups (1 L) cooked rotini (corkscrew) pasta, drained and cooled
- 19 oz (540 mL) can chickpeas, drained & rinsed or 2 cups (500 mL) cooked
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded carrots
- 2 sweet red peppers, chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) light Greek salad dressing
In a large bowl, combine pasta, chickpeas, celery, carrot, red pepper, onion and feta. Toss lightly to mix well.
Add dressing to pasta mixture and toss to coat well and serve.