APG Seeks New Zone Advisors to Advance Alberta’s Pulse Industry & Develop Leadership NOV 8 2016 | Producers | News Release
The Alberta Pulse Growers Commission (APG) invites pulse producers who want to grow the province’s pulse industry while developing their own leadership skills to let their names stand for election as an advisor in their zone.
“Advisors are essential to the success and continued growth of the commission and Alberta’s pulse industry,” said APG Chair Allison Ammeter. “Participating with the organization as an advisor is an opportunity for a producer to develop their personal and leadership skills. Advisors help guide research and extension activities specific to their zone. Directors on APG’s provincial board often serve as advisors first.”
Producers must have sold pulses within the last two years in order to be eligible as an advisor. A zone map on the next page outlines which areas are included as part of each zone. Anyone interested in becoming an advisor in their zone must be nominated by an eligible pulse grower at their zone annual general meeting. Positions that will be available as of this fall’s zone meeting are below along with meeting information.
- Zone 1 (2 available advisor positions) – Dec. 5, Heritage Inn, Taber
- Zone 2 (3 available advisor positions) – Nov. 23, Strathmore Civic Centre
- Zone 3 (3 available advisor positions) – Nov. 15, Westlock & District Community Hall
- Zone 4 (1 available advisor position) – Nov. 17, Dunvegan Inn, Fairview
- Zone 5 (5 available advisor positions) – Nov. 24, Vermilion Regional Centre
Anyone interested in letting their name stand for an advisor position is encouraged to contact the APG office with any questions they may have.