How to Interact with Alberta Pulse Growers (PCN Winter 2016) JAN 11 2016 | Consumers and Producers | Pulse Crop News
This article appeared in the Winter 2016 issue of Pulse Crop News.
- Contact staff or a director in your area using contact information found in the About section of the APG website.
- Explore the website at www.pulse.ab.ca to learn more about growing and marketing pulses, APG research, events, and more.
- Visit with us in person at the annual meeting in your zone each November and December.
- Attend and vote in the APG annual general meeting to take place on January 27, 2016.
- Attend industry events, such as FarmTech, Agri-Trade, Ag Expo, Farming Smarter, Agronomy Update and Peace Country Classic.
- Sign up for the Pulse Check bi-weekly agronomy e-newsletter by emailing your consent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read APG’s quarterly magazine, Pulse Crop News, for articles that are useful and interesting for pulse growers.
- Follow us on Twitter: @albertapulse; @apgced; @apgextension; @apgresearch.
- Consult APG’s pulse wiki at pulsepod.ca for in-depth agronomy information.
- Attend APG-sponsored summer crop tours. Details are available through APG’s online calendar.
Let us know what we’re doing well and how we can serve you better! We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Your Levy Dollars at Work
AGM Alberta Pulse Growers invests grower levy dollars to benefit producers in the following areas:
- New variety research to give growers better, more viable varieties.
- Agronomy research to help producers with issues like disease and pest control.
- Market development to make sure pulse growers remain competitive with other crop types.
- Consumer marketing to build a stronger domestic market for pulses.
- Extension and outreach to help producers grow the best pulse crop they can from year to year.