|3 Tbsp (45 mL)||Cocoa|
|1/2 cup (125 mL)||Fruit Jam (raspberry, strawberry, apricot, peach)|
|14 oz (398 mL) can||Black Beans, drained and rinsed|
|1 cup (250 mL)||Whipping Cream|
|1 Tbsp (15 mL)||Sugar|
|Fresh or frozen fruit to garnish, if desired|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine cocoa and fruit jam and simmer for 1-2 minutes to cook the cocoa. Watch carefully, and reduce heat if necessary as mixture will burn quickly.
2. Place beans and cocoa mixture in a food processor or whir with an emulsion hand blender until very smooth.
3. In a medium bowl, whip cream with sugar until stiff peaks form. Reserve about 1/2 cup (125 mL) for topping dessert if desired.
4. Fold bean mixture into remaining whipped cream just until blended.
5. Fill individual serving dishes or layer with fresh fruit in a larger bowl. Chill before serving. Serve with additional whipped cream and fruit, if desired.